© Quinta de la rosa 2013
Quinta de la Rosa has recently gone through a complete refurbishment of all its wine and port making facilities. This project had been in the design phase for over 7 years, construction finally started in December 2011 and was completed in August 2012, one week before the harvest started.
The major improvements have included:
- A new purpose built gravity fed winery
- Temperature controlled port and wine storage facilities
- Improved de-stemming and unloading facilities
The new winery now has:
- Four temperature controlled granite lagares – moved from our old winery – with an automated cap pusher
- Six 10,000 litres temperature controlled fermentation tanks
- One automated basket press
Quinta de la Rosa also shares a winery in Sabrosa with our sister vineyard Quinta das Banderias and their range of Passagem wines. The Sabrosa facility has a bottling line, an additional  fermentation tanks and presses.
All the ports at la Rosa are foot trodden and some of our Reserve table wines also undergo a cold maceration in the lagares before being transferred to stainless steel fermentation tanks.